Friday, October 31, 2008

A New Day (updated below)

This is what I am hoping for. Yesterday was awful. It seems for the past two days at around 1pm I get these awful chills. I am so, so cold that I just can't warm up. It is also accompanied by nausea. Not awful nausea but to the point where I couldn't possibly eat. I'm not reading into it- waaay to early. These chills are then followed by one serious hot flash. I finally called my clinic b/c I wanted to make sure this was normal. It is. My leg is better but now when I walk it starts to cramp and spasm. At least I can sit without pain now which is really an improvement and I slept solid from 1030 to 5!!! Longest night of sleep in 5 days.
Not sure what I am going to do about Halloween tonight. I need to take Squirt trick-or-treating and I'm not sure how I'll walk around the neighborhood. We have cousins coming over so maybe I'll just have her go without me. It will be really heartbreaking for me not to go with her and even more pissed that I have to stay home b/c of the Godforsaken shots.
On a happier note (something you haven't heard from me in a while) DH is home tonight!!! I am so, so happy!!!! My mom stayed here last night and it was great. She babied me like moms do, massaged by leg and my butt and just took care of me. She did my shot this morning and it was great.
Just 4 more days until beta. I am starting to get the urge to test. I figure Sunday may be safe at 10dp3dt but I am so, so terrified at looking down and seeing a stark, white HPT. My heart races just thinking about it. We'll see. At least I won't be alone and DH will be home with me.
Until later.

d-
Update:
I have figured out the chills, nausea and hot flashes every day around 1pm...I bet it's when my Progesterone and Estrace peak causing these side effects. And here I thought it was a good sign...although- I have never had this in any of my five 2WW. Around 4pm I feel better and hot but functional. I am realizing how much of a frigging baby I am. Ugh, I am just pathetic. You guys must be ready to kill me but the writing is therapeutic.
Oh and good news is that DH made his tight connection from Zurich to Logan. Thank God. He called me from the plane and I just burst into tears. He is coming home!!! His last words to me during a previous conversation were, "We're not testing and if you test don't tell me b/c I only want to know what your blood levels are." Well, I've never been one to not do what I want so we shall see. Right now I feel like I just need to know. I feel so shitty and wish I felt like my old self again.

3 comments:

Sky said...

You'll be BFP - I just know it. I have an instinct about these things - you'll see! So get ready for that little pit of nervousness in your stomach when you see it!!!

Unknown said...

Oh D!! I'm so glad DH's coming home!!! What a relief! Also... I agree with Sky, I think it's going to be +. When I was 1st pg, I was getting chills and hot flashes too. They didn't last too long, but the hot flashes lasted on & off thru the 1st trimester. Oh, and dh told me not to test, but I did, I couldn't wait and it was 6dp5dt... Hope tonight goes well!

Anonymous said...

Good things are coming, kiddo - hang in there! You're absolutely not a baby, you're anxious. The 2ww sucks for so many reasons! I myself find bitching to be unbelievably theraputic, so grump away. Test if it'll make you feel better, but remember that a negative at this point is meaningless. I'm glad you're starting to feel better, and that DH will be home soon! Good luck tonight, have fun and try to keep your mind off all this crap.... easier said than done, I know.