Thanks to all you awesome ladies who really, really helped me with yoru comments. It's so strange sometimes when one side of your brain thinks like a clear and rational human being and the other side things like a crazy lunatic. I wonder which side of my brain wins the most fights....
Th update as of yesterdays u/s is that she has about 20 follicles all reaching about 16mm so they may trigger her tonight. They say she is stimulating better than she did in the past. I hope that is some kind of omen. She has another b/w and u/s this morning so I'll post later about what is going on. If she triggers tonight my ET will be Wednesday.
It figures if she triggers tonight. DH would need to drop his sample on Sunday probably right it the middle of my mom's breakfast that I am hosting. I have invited all the family that will be in town for her party (Saturday night. I figure she won't be able to spend quality time with any of her family with the 80 or so people there. My mom will want to stop and talk with everyone and will feel bad if she doesn't get time with her family. This way she'll have most of Sunday to have them all together for herself. My brother flies in tonight from CA and he is bringing one of my three nephews. I can't wait to see them!
Squirt gave me her cold so I sound like Demi Moore on crack but getting better every day. My acupuncturist did something last night to force the virus out of me and I haven't stopped coughing since. Crazy stuff.
One more thing- for you ladies that have done it, how awful is it to do the PIO by yourself???? DH will be out of town for a week and he's the one that does it for me.
Danielle
Pit Stop
14 years ago
6 comments:
It's not bad at all, Danielle. I had to do it for a couple of weeks because D was out of town. The key for me was using ice to the area beforehand. Then, even if my angle is a bit screwed up, it still didn't hurt at all. Flop on the bed, prop up on pillows so you can visualize the target, stick the vial down my bra to warm up a bit (and thin that stuff up some) while I ice , then do the deed. A heating pad/hot water bottle afterwards helps distribute the oil so it doesn't collect in those attractive bumps on your butt for weeks. I'd do it right before I went to bed for the night, and then go to sleep on the hot water bottle. Everything sounds like it's going wonderfully! Keep us posted!!
Actually I prefer to do them by myself. I stand with my back to the mirror and twist around so I can see what I am doing. Go to YouTube and you can see people do it. Not only did I copy their technique but it also gave me the courage to do it.
That's great that your donor's ready, well almost! YAY! I'm praying for those little embies to grow and grow! :) As far as the pio, have no advice, but DO NOT put heat on the area after transfer, you'll cook your little embies. I asked my clinic about heat and they said no, don't even think about heat. Just massage the area for a few minutes to get rid of the lumps. For me, after 90+ IM injections, but butt is one big lump/bruise, but it's really not that bad. Some say to ice the area before so you don't feel it, but the injection doesn't hurt too bad.
I tried doing these myself a couple of times and the worst part really is the anticipation before the shot. My suggestion is to not think about it (if you can), aim and do it without any hesitation. You can do it!
I agree with Summer, the worst part for me was the actual jab. I counted to three about 10 times, but once it was done, it was no that bad. I did move the needle more than I liked during the shot which caused some bleeding when I took it out, but other than that it went well. Heck I even gave myself a shot in the bathroom at a Nutcraker performance in the thigh. The leg bleeds more than the behind.
never did any of my own intramuscular shots. when my hubby was out of town I had my bff or his mom do them. They do suck but it is worth it. I was on them every day, sometimes 2X per day for 4 months. I am a whimp, so if I can do it you most certainly can. So so so glad everything is going well with your donor. Praying for ya.
Post a Comment