Sunday, November 2, 2008

Beta Tomorrow

I called my clinic yesterday asking if they could move my beta up a day to 11/3 instead of 11/4. These shots are giving me some serious trouble and if it's negative one less shot is worth it. If it's positive then I am going to talk to my RE about alternatives. I've had 5 days of butt shots and my left side is red, swollen and lumpy and I'm not even using the oil. The right side is OK but a big shelf like lump formed to the left of the injection site. I don't think it's me being a baby- I just don't think my body can tolerate theses shots and it' s only getting worse. I'm not sleeping and find myself wide awake at different times in the night. I usually can deep breathe myself to sleep after about an hour. The "episodes' are still occurring in the afternoon but I know it's from the medication and not anything else. Then of course I think to myself- how could it be that this didn't work? It's almost unimaginable to me that it didn't. I really can't imagine a negative result but we all knew there was a chance of it. I'm just not ready for that.
DH is home thank God and he has been amazing. We argue now and then b/c he thinks it worked and I don't think it did. I may test tomorrow am before I go in just to prepare. I think I will call in sick tomorrow so I don't have to get the news at work.
Please God just give me good news..please, please, please. And if not please give me the strength to handle it.

Until tomorrow...

d-

6 comments:

shiner said...

I had the flu like symptoms, too (chills and the like). God I hope this works for you, too. I'll be waiting and praying.

Unknown said...

I had insomnia too, and it's not from the injections... My butt looked liked your butt too! (not that I can see your butt, but it sounds like how mine was). It's not fun and I dreaded each injection, but I knew that it was what I needed to do to keep those little ones in! I would definitely ask you dr about another alternative though :) I can't wait to hear about your beta!!! :)

Anonymous said...

You can definitely use the progesterone suppositories instead of the shots, but you'll have to use a bunch of them. I think they'd prefer you to do the shots, but there are always alternatives. If I have problems with the shots this time I'm not even hesitating to ask. Don't give up hope! I have everything crossed for you, Danielle - I know the waiting and wondering just blows.

Kate said...

Ahh! It's finally here! I can't wait to get home from work to read the good news!! I'm sending positive vibes your way!

Sky said...

Best of luck tomorrow! Crossing my fingers for a BIG HEALTHY beta!

Sky

nancy said...

Good luck for tomorrow!!! (and what did you use for the other IVFs?)