Monday, October 20, 2008

Trying to remain calm

Yeah, easier said than done right? I am working from home today and trying to breathe my way through the day. My RE called last night and left a message on my home phone asking if DH could deposit at 11am rather than 7am. Well, 11am was the one time we were hoping they wouldn't schedule him for. He has to lay people off at 11am and it would be a pain to reschedule. So, they said that 1030 would be fine.
He called me when the deed was done and said that our donor had signed in right before him and that her boyfriend was in the waiting room!!! As of 1040 when he left (yes, he is really quick! HA!!) they had just called the boyfriend in to go see her. That means that her part is now over. I am so trying to remain calm but it is near impossible.
Yesterday I was so sick all day- just plain nauseous. Even during church I was wracked with anxiety that I couldn't get rid of. It just doesn't go away.
I'll update you when I hear more.

Danielle

3 comments:

shiner said...

You're going to be anxious. Even now at 15 weeks I am still anxious. If one more person tells me to relax I swear I'll kick their ass. Just do the best you can. This is majorly important, life altering stuff here so if you're worried, you're worried. After a while I really did finally go, well this is just not up to me. All I can do is hope, pray and stay positive. The doubts, questions and what ifs will creep in but in my opinion, given all we've been through, that is normal.
Praying for you!

Unknown said...

Oh, the "wait..." Well, I guess we're always waiting, but these next few days are torture to find out how many fertilized and continue to grow... I can't tell you to relax either because, well, I think from this point on, we never will! I'm praying for you guys and DH's super sperm! :) They will grow! If you have a number of embies will the clinic push you for a 5 day blast transfer instead of day 3, or do they prefer to do day 3? Oh and as far as the PIO, I pray you don't get a reaction! And you will look forward to doing 89 more injections because I'm SO hopeful for you that you will be pregnant and you will have a reason to have the bruised, lumpy, sore butt!

Kate said...

they told you it was the boyfriend? are you using an anonymous donor? i had no idea what my donor's name was. that is crazy!! i would have been tempted to hang out in the parking lot to see her in real life vs. just a picture!