Well I have spent the past 4 days crippled. Not with fear- literally crippled and unable to walk or move. Today is a bit better but the pain in my thigh has been constant. Sleeping is near impossible and walking 10 feet takes me about 3-4 minutes. It' s bad but I am feeling some improvement. My family has been wonderful with taking care of Squirt and to her credit, she has been awesome too. She's using this time to pretend she is my nurse and has been able to "fetch" things for me when I can't get up to get them- like the phone or to reach across the coffee table for my water. Never, ever will I inject my thigh again. I get chills and nauseous from the pain at times and it's terrible to not be able to get warm even when wearing your heaviest LL Bean parka. Warm showers help.
On the other front, I'm trying to stay positive but unsure if this cycle worked for me. Maybe it's disbelief that I could actually get good news. I know that most women don't have any real symptoms before their beta but it's hard to read blogs and boards and see what some women are experiencing that I'm not. Yes, I have those odd twingy like pinching pains below my belly button on the right and left side but couldn't that just be some gas pains? Maybe I'm protecting myself or something. I've been waking up at night sweating but that could be from the pain. Who knows right? I know this sounds like a wah, wah, why me post because that's exactly what it is. I try to remind myself what I already have and how this was going to just be icing on the cake. I think the real issue is that I didn't/don't want to face another instance where my body fails me once again.
I don't think I'll do any HPTs until Saturday or Sunday when I will be 9 or 10dp3dt or 13dpo. I should see something by then. What is good to focus on then? My proven donor, my great lining, the twinges and pains I have been feeling and my wonderful family. I also have to remember that even with my spontaneous pg back in 2005 I literally had no idea I was even pg until I was 6 weeks along and my beta was way over 20,000. I had nothing but dizziness and that's what clued me in to test.
So, that's it for now. I need to go shower so I can hobble off to work to lie to everyone about my stairmaster injury....yeah, like I work out.
d-
Pit Stop
14 years ago
8 comments:
ouch!
Jeez, I can't believe how bad it is for you! I never could do the thigh thing. And this is why!
On my last 3dt, I got a big negativo up through 10dp3dt. Then a minor little teeny tiny line on 11dp3dt. Just lettin' you know for timing sake.
OK so I wont try it in the thigh. Sorry you are having such pain.
I didn't feel a thing. My boobs were sort of sore from all the shots, but nothing outrageous. I didn't POAS until the day of the blood test, and it was negative I was absolutely positive the HCG was going to be negative, and it wasn't. You can't go by those things. The range of normal is so, so wide, and everything varies from person to person. Patience, grasshopper!
I'm so sorry your having such a hard time with your legs. Who'd think it'd be so bad? Hang in there! It'll clear out soon....
Sorry you are still hurting so bad. I hurt a lot, too but it was all in my butt - that didn't sound right but you know what I mean. You're doing great considering, ok I mean it. This is hard, life altering stuff. I got negative and scared to death and doubtful during my 2 week wait, too. Your chances are good though, right? Did they give you a percentage? I bet it's over 65%. Also, please please please, I can't stress this enough - if you do the hpt early use the one with the lines. I used the clear blue easy during one cycle and it said "not pregnant" and sent me into ablivion. I was pregnant. Itold my friend about this the other day and she used the clear blue easy any way and is devastated right now but she may in fact be pregnant. Ok, off my soap box but use the one with the pink lines. Hang in there - you're close!
Lordy! Can you do the progesterone suppositories?
Ugh! I'm sorry to hear the thigh is still so painful.
For what it's worth the only thing I felt up to week 6 or 7 was the ache and soreness from my PIO shots.
Ugh! I'm SO sorry you're hurting so bad! I like you're story though :) Have you tried massaging the area or is that worse? Hope it feels better soon.
I'm not going to get into my POAS story, because I know you've read it, but I have hope and faith for you and this cycle!!
Oh, and I didn't do the POAS with the pink lines because I didn't want to analyze the color difference of pink, so I bought the digital ones, clear blue and first response digital... They all worked for me.
Remember though, every stick is different no matter what, so some may work and other may not.
Many hugs and prayers
Hang in there sister. Hot pads and ice and tylenol and don't shoot yourself anywhere but the butt:)
Post a Comment