So I did my progesterone in my thigh this morning. I was very close not to doing it for fear of even more pain. I just had to try it. Honestly, I was surprised at how not so bad it was. The shot itself definitely stings more and it stings for a while after- like 2 hours. You almost feel like someone is giving you a real good pinch. Then it gets a little tiny lump and is just sore. The difference is that I'm not sitting on my thigh like I am my butt. It doesn't hurt when I walk and no limping like I expected. For me, this was a real milestone. I always felt as though I couldn't even look forward to a pregnancy because it meant 8 more weeks (or more) of these damn shots. Now that I know I can give each injection site at least 3 days rest I have no more of that anxiety. Today, actually feel like a person again. This may be short lived but for now I am basking in it.
Poor DH had to run out to get my some Tylenol. I am starting to get a headache and for now it's all I can take. We were right in the middle of watching Iron Man too! We got take out Thai food and I have been such a slug all day. DH even carried my purse into acupuncture b/c I know the thing is more than 5 lbs!!! ha!!He keeps naggng me about sitting down. I asked him today if he felt hopeful and he said, "No, I feel confident." Seriously, the guy is sweet and he thinks he is Dr. Phil. How did I get so lucky! he will be in Barcelona all next week leaving me alone with Squirt and my thoughts. Expect a lot of posts. Me, alone in my head is never a good thing.
I'm working from home tomorrow so just more resting. Easy, easy!!!!
Until later!!!
Danielle
Pit Stop
14 years ago
1 comment:
I am so glad to hear you are taking it easy. I didn't really listen to that advice or take it that seriously the first two times around. I learned this time that every time I go back to bed and relax, things go well. Even after my bleeding episodes, went back to bed and everything is ok. Do you have family near by that can help you with squirt over the next few days?
Post a Comment