Shots in the thigh just aren't going to happen anymore. Shots 1 and 2 were fine. Shot 3 in my thigh has me literally crippled. I'm talking unable to walk without feeling like I am going to vomit from the pain. I even had the laser treatment last night and it didn't even make a dent. DH left me last night crying like a big baby. I ended up calling my mom around 930 and she sent my Dad to my house to help me out. He has been a Godsend. He has been playing with Squirt and waiting on me hand and foot. Today was his day with her anyway so he was planning on being here. My MIL is going to stay late enough tomorrow night to help get Squirt to bed and my Mom is coming on Thursday. So, I took all of your advice about taking it easy. This terribly Type A woman has not touched the house, done a dish or prepared a meal in two days now. I haven't cleaned or even made a single bed. I will admit that it is very, very, very hard but I'm doing it b/c it's just what I have to do.
Funny story- my mom is a nurse (30 years.) So, I tell her that when I give myself my shot I can't contort my body enough to squeeze the skin and push the medicine in. So she actually asks, "Well, do you want Dad to squeeze the skin while you push?" I mean really?? I think we are starting to cross the line here!!!! I told her she was insane and then we both laughed at the crazy notion of my 64 year old father squeezing my tush. Unbelievable! I did my tush shot myself this morning and it wasn't bad at all.
This progesterone has turned me into a big, crying mess. I cry at everything. This is so strange for me b/c I am just not a crier...at all. Ok, time to do some work..from my couch!
Thanks again to all of you for really, truly being her for me. I could not do this without you all!
xo
d-
Pit Stop
14 years ago
5 comments:
No "I told you so's" from here. I would've done it myself, but I found a reference to a post by someone who'd done it (password protected, of course) and terrible ramifications were hinted at. Plus a nurse at work emphatically told me it was a bad idea, so I chose to sleep on the heating pad instead and sit carefully.
I don't remember crying much with the PIO shots, but I was becoming so evil an exorcism would've been needed if I'd been on them much longer. No fun at all, either reaction......
OMG! I can't believe you actually tried the thigh! You're a brave brave woman! I also give you props for giving the injections to yourself! You are superwoman! I am SO PROUD of you! You're not doing much! YAY! I found myself getting lazier and lazier, it's getting better now that I'm feeling better, but wow... It's amazing how quickly you can go from clean freak to not even caring! Glad you have help, it must be a blessing to have family so close!
As far as the PIO goes... I can't believe how quick time flies! I'm serious, God willing this cycle works for you (I'm praying praying praying it does), looking at your calendar feels like forever, but really you blink and it's over!
I'm so sorry you are hurting. The emotional basket case from progesterone shots is 100% normal. The only thing that got me through the butt shots (because I had estrogen in the butt 2 x per week in addition to the daily progesterone shots) was moving around on my butt. My husband or best friend did every one of them. If I had a knot up high, he would go a little lower. Some times if I had knots every where we went real low or real high. I also got in a real hot shower for just long enough to loosen up the tension and rubbed while the hot water was hitting the knot to try and break up the oil that was caught in the muscle. I know, it sucks! I am the biggest whimp in the world though and if I can do it I know you can, too. You just keep venting here, girl we understand. (((hugs)))
ugh!! no fun! how many weeks does your RE have you do the shots? i think that some shots were definitely better than others- not sure why. some hardly even felt, others made me bite my lip and break out in a cold sweat. you'll get through it- picture the end results!!
I'm sorry the thigh didn't work out for you. I was really hoping it was the solution since that first shot went so well! I guess PIO shots are just horrible no matter where you have them.
Post a Comment