I had acupuncture tonight. Prior to getting there I had a meltdown about these progesterone shots- not knowing how I was going to do 12 weeks of them (thinking positive) and knowing that my rested cheek is totally not ready for a shot tomorrow morning. Then I got to thinking how there is no way an embryo can implant with the host completely in pain and wracked with anxiety. DH had a long talk with me and basically gave me the football coach pep talk I needed. He prepared me that he was going to be tough on me but it was what I had to hear. He basically told me to buck up and find some way to push through and he is right. He always knows just what I need to hear.
My acupuncturist has a low level laser that helps with tissue and muscle repair. Well, after a session of that, needles placed to calm my adrenalin and a big, fat Longhorn burger with fries I feel like a new woman. Seriously, the pain is not gone but it's remarkably better. Also, I am injecting the bastard in my thigh tomorrow. This way I have more time for my butt to rest. If it kills well then I just won't do it again but it's worth a shot (no pun intended!!)
So, tomorrow is the day. I am just praying that we have a good batch of embies still growing and good quality. I'll update when I get home.
danielle
Pit Stop
14 years ago
5 comments:
I'm just catching up on your last few posts. I'm sorry the PIO shots are so bad, but I've heard that doing them on your thighs are much worse. Maybe you can talk to your clinic and see if they have any suggestions about how to lessen the pain?
Good Luck tomorrow!
I only had terrible soreness after the very first shot b/c we didn't massage it long enough. That first shot was sore for a week- it hurt to walk or sit on it! Now, we use this massage ball we bought years ago from Bath & Body Works. DH massages it for about 20 minutes, slowly building up on the pressure he applies. Then I put on a heating pad for about 10 minutes. It really all helps. I've heard from many people that the thigh is terribly, terribly painful. I am too chicken to try it there. One other thing I do that helps is breath essential oils while DH does the injection. Since I do it at bedtime, I put drops of lavendar oil on a cloth, heat it up slightly with the heating pad that's getting prepped for my bum, and breathe deeply. It really helps me!! I am keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow! Make sure to eat some pineapple- it's supposed to help with implantation!!
Oh my... I just posted this long post and it didn't post!!! Anyways... I agree with the pp, the thigh sounds much much more painful than the butt area... The pain gets better, just remember that and you're doing it for your baby(ies). Also, I agree with Kate, eat pineapple! And don't forget to nibble a bit on the core :) Many prayers for tomorrow!!!!!
Sorry you are having such a rough time! Hope the shots get better. Good luck tomorrow - can't wait to hear how it goes.
Wow, Kate thanks for the PIO tip. I have a bad time with them too. Not as bad as some but certainly my 2nd cheek is not ready after a 48 hour rest. I never had to do them for more than 2 weeks given all my BFN. I don't know how I would have gotten through 12 weeks of them.
This is not assvice (ha, ha, ha) but I started to do 2 nights in a row on one side then two nights on a row on the next. That seemed to help a bit.
Post a Comment