I went for my weekly u/s this morning. Now if you remember last week my lining was 6.9 and triple stripe. I was concerned that being 3 weeks out from ET that my lining would get too thick too fast. I had my accupuncturist slow things down a bit for me. Well it worked...my lining was 7.3 this morning and looking good. My ET is not until the 20th or so. I still think I have plenty of time to thicken it up. I have acupunture tomorrow and I'll have her ramp it up for sure. I'll be happy with my lining at 8 or 9 at transfer. Of course, when she told me that I was at 7.3 even with the doubling of my Estrace and I stressed out immediately. I had to remind myself that I basically did not have an acupuncture session last week for my lining and for me the acupunture is the kicker. It really works on me. Then I started thinking- what if I didn't have the acupuncture? This then makes me ask myself why I have to freak out about everything? I wish I could be one of those calm people that just accepts things and moves on? Not me, I'm laying there with the ultrasound wand in it's respective place panicking. My heart races and every bad thought coupled with a matching good thought flies through my mind at lightening pace. Ugh, it's just too much!
Today is such a big day for me in so many ways. It's my grandfather's birthday. He passed 4 years ago and I miss him more than anyone can imagine. It's also the 4 year anniversary of the day we met Squirt's birthmother. Five days later she would be born. I believe as I have said before, that it took my grandfather dying to bring us Squirt. He died in April and then Squirt was born in October and it is even more amazing that we met her birthmother on the the first birthday that he wasn't with us. What's even weirder is that the donor part of my cycle will be from the 7th (she starts meds today) to the 20th (ET) which is the exact timeframe from when we met Squirt's birthmother to when we brought her home from the state she was born. Amazing. Don't think that I don't know that he has played another role in what I am doing now. I can feel him all over this cycle.
So, my predictions for the call from the center today- up my Estrace to 2mg 3x/day and b/w and u/s in 6 days. Acupunture for me tomorrow. I expect bg things next u/s...big things!
Danielle
Pit Stop
14 years ago
5 comments:
Your anxiety is normal given all you've been through. I know everyone wants you to "relax" and if you can great but they have never been in your shoes. I completely understand your reactions...so much is riding on this. Good news on the linig! I am praying for you!
Your lining sounds great and you still a lot of time until your transfer, you're OK! :) I'm praying for you and your donor! (((hugs)))
Happy Birthday to your grandfather - sounds like he's looking out for you!
Fingers crossed for the next u/s, but I don't think you have a thing to worry about...:)
Sounds like things are falling into place for this cycle!
Yeah! Everything sounds great! Do you feel different physically at all since doing acupuncture? I've always been curious about it but I don't know if I could bring myself to do it (one needle in the tush every night has made me reach my quota I think :)
Post a Comment