Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Randomness

Ok, today is just not the best day for me apparently. You ever have one of those days when you just want to curl up and be alone? That's me. I started off pretty good. I was on a conference call and I guess I was talking loudly. So, one woman I work with just refuses to be sensitive when it comes to anything. She's like, "OH MY GOD, you are so loud! Jesus!" You know, you just need to look at me and tell me to lower my voice. No need for attitude. The call I was on had a bad connection and I couldn't hear anyone. What is it with rude people? How about...grow up and act like an adult?
My head has really been bothering me and now I just feel nauseous. I slept wrong and somehow pinched something in my neck? Good God I feel like such a mess.
I have calls all day and I can't even fake being in a good mood. I start my Estrace tomorrow and I am really excited to get this started but right now this funk has really got to me. I also asked my coordinator about bedrest after transfer. She stated they recommend 2 days of light activity. What does that mean? No lifting? Working? I think I'll work from home those days and just take it easy.
Do I seriously need to finish this day b/c I would rather just go home and go to bed.
I hope everyone is having a better day than I.

danielle

5 comments:

Pam said...

Light activity means just that. They say bed rest isn't required, but I wasn't taking any chances this time. Basically doing nothing. :) I took a couple of days off work so the nurse at our clinic said rest and relax and let my husband do everything. She said just go between the couch and the bathroom. :) No lifting, no vacuuming, no reaching up in the air (these are actually for the whole 2 weeks), nothing strenuous. Good luck.

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you're having a bad day :( I hate those days, and they just don't get any better. I hope tomorrow goes smoothly and the E2 helps you feel better than that evil lupron!

As far as transfer... My dr. told me strict bedrest for 3 days! I couldn't even go around the island with our friends and stay in an air conditioned car!! So... I listened and voila! You know the rest! For the rest of the 2ww, I really didn't do anything. I didn't exercise, I didn't clean, I didn't do laundry, and DH came with me to grocery shop! Just take it easy and don't go to work! You don't need the stress!

nancy said...

My clinic requests 5 FULL DAYS OF BEDREST? Are you freaking kidding me? Yeah. Less than 24 hours after ET, I was on a plane to boston!

nancy said...

Oh, I didn't mean to hit enter so quickly ...

What did you say to that woman?

shiner said...

The first time I did IVF I did not take bed rest very seriously and I had a miscarriage. I am not saying that is why but this time I sat on my fat a%$ for 3 days straight. I only got up to go to the bathroom. After that when I was up and about again whenever things got scary I went back to bed and it always helped. I hate to sit around. I would rather be on the elliptical machine going balls to the wall to "big booty hoe hump wit it" but it's just not worth it.

Sorry you are having such a hard time. This is a hard thing and usually only people who've been through it understand. It will get better and then when you get pregnant it'll probably get worse but it will all be worth it. You're in my prayers...hand in there!