Saturday, July 26, 2008

Saturday

Well, thank God it's the weekend! Every morning this week I woke up wondering if it was the weekend or I really did have to go to work that day. This morning was finally the day I could "sleep" in. Of course, my human alarm clock woke me up at 6:45 so sleeping in really wasn't an option. Then of course the list of chores I have to do today pile up in my brain...the windows, the bathroom, the floors, weeding, cleaning the pool and grocery shopping. Yeah, kind of overwhelming and there is no way I'll get all of it done but I'll try. DH can handle what needs to be done outside at least. Our yard in this new house is considerably larger (by 1/2 acre) than the old house. It's just big is all I can say. DH reluctantly :) bought a new John Deere lawnmower when we bought the house and even with that it takes a good 2 hours to just mow. Parts of me long for the winter when all we had to manage was inside the house but then I look at the pool and think about how I never want the cold weather again! I'm procrastinating the whole shower/getting dressed for the day part of things and really would just like to lie around in my PJs forever. Fat chance.
So, back to the real world- I submitted my appeal to the ins. co on Wednesday and my RE faxed them a letter of recommendation as well. My donor coord. called me after she talked to the RE who said he was not hopeful that they would cover. I on the other hand think they will. My letter basically talked about how all my eggs are chromosomally abnormal...how the PGD showed really messed up embryos. How through 5 IVF cycles I had nothing but 1 checmical pregancy and only had 1 embryo make it to blast. I feel I pleaded my case pretty well so we can only think positive and hope. On a happier note my donor agency said they would donate all meds to us for the cycle if insurance doesn't cover!!!!! Before we started this cycle we put money aside in case we had to actually pay the entire fee so we have all the money but any bit counts. We're certainly not the Rockefeller's so the less we have to pay the better.
I went to see my Shrink yesterday and had to break the news that I stopped my Lexapro almost two months ago. I thought she would flip on me for not involving her but actually she was seriously impressed with how well I am doing. I never wanted to be on antidepressants my whole life and at some point I needed to buck up. Really though, the colors are just so much brighter now. I feel more. Yes, I am a little more impatient but I have trained myself to recognize when I feel a bit overwhelmed and I just breathe deep and it passes. I believe that everything that was so messed up with my Pituitary had a great deal to do with my emotional state. I honestly feel like myself again.
Anywho- probably a good idea to get moving on the day. Hope you all have a great and restful weekend!
Danielle

2 comments:

Kate said...

Good to hear things are coming along for you! "Yeah!" on the no more headaches! Wish I knew what having a sex drive felt like again- POF took that away a long time ago! Good luck with your ins. co!!!

Kim said...

dcat,
forgive me, dear, I'm so far behind on reading blogs but I did catch up on your news. Happy for you that you are feeling good again sans lexapro. I wonder if weather helps or not. I know it affects me. Also hope the ins thing goes through. Sounds like you have a solid argument on your side. So, not much longer!!