Monday, July 28, 2008

71??!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF!!! My Wii fitness age is 71!! I mean seriously! I jumped right over middle age and instantaneously became a senior citizen! Apparently, I have no balance, stamina or agility. They only let you take the fitness test once a day so I've been practicing all afternoon in preparation for tomorrow. The great thing is the workout it gives. you. I seriously can not believe the amount of hard work it is to just hit a tennis ball. Regardless it's so much fun!

In other developments my parents took Squirt last night and gave us a nice break. I got home last night after dropping her off and DH had bought me a bouquet of flowers and Oprah magazine for relaxation. He is really just the best! What a day we had today! We got up, surfed the Internet, had coffee, took a walk, laid out like slobs by the pool and played video games. It was just the day we needed to re-ground us. I also had the opportunity to work on my new hobby: making cards!!! Here are a couple of my newest masterpieces:




So? What do you think? Most of it is done using stamps and punches. I'm still learning but it is very relaxing and very fun!! Now my mission is to set up my own craft room!

Also, I took the time to fix my guest bedroom. We had filled it with baby stuff before the adoption was disrupted. I had the curtains up, rugs, lamps, crib, bassinet etc. I couldn't take it any more!! The rug is out and the curtains and the baby stuff gone. The crib is still up and Squirt likes to play with the bassinet but you really can't see any of that when you walk past the room. It was just torture to look at and every time I saw that stuff it just made me so angry. So, if nothing else I got that done without aggravating DH and making him move anything to the attic. I feel good. Plus, I hate explaining the whole thing to people when they come over. Why should I have to rehash it over and over?

Oh, what a glorious day. Work thinks I am suffering from some stomach flu and franly I don't care.

Hope everyone is having the same kind of Monday I had!

Danielle

3 comments:

Summer said...

Those cards are beautiful. Looks like they were fun to make, too.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you're having a WONDERFUL monday! Wii is very fun! I was playing mine yesterday, but no wii sports for me, just stuck on the sofa! I think when I did the age thing, I was 86! It's quite embarrassing isn't it?! Hehehehe!

Oh, and your cards are SO beautiful! What a fun hobby!

Kate said...

Cute cards! I am learning how to scrapbook and it is very relaxing! I gotta try that Wii fitness game- but I'm very afraid!