...you injure yourself while playing your new Nintendo Wii??? Yeah, I'm totally serious. I got a little too into beating DH at golf and totally hurt my neck. I am one of those people now who has to turn their entire body to look at someone rather than move their neck. I have officially put myself on the Wii DL. No bowling, boxing, tennis or golf until I can learn to curb my urge to beat the crap out of DH. It's just sooo fun!!! I never have been one to play video games but this is just the best! Not to mention that we literally stalked the UPS guy the other day.
We were expecting the Wii on Tuesday (DH's bday) and at 645pm we gave up and decided to go out for birthday ice cream. On the way out of our street we saw the UPS guy dropping off a package at a house down the street. The following conversation ensued:
Me: STOP THE CAR! I BET HE HAS THE Wii ON HIS TRUCK!!!!
DH: I'm not stopping the car- let's just go home and wait for him.
Me: No way! What if he doesn't have it on the truck? We won't be able to get ice cream and we'll be waiting for nothing. Stop the car and go ask him.
DH: Are you kidding? I'm going to look like a stalker if I ask him!
Me: Come on. Just ask.
DH: No, I'll look like an idiot.
Me: Will you please just stop the car and pull up to him? I'll ask him.
DH: Ok fine but you ask him.
Me: (pulling up to UPS guy who actually looks a bit scared) Excuse me, do you have a package for 1 XX Lane?
UPS guy: Uh, yes I do.
DH: AWESOME!!! THAT'S OUR Wii.
So, the UPS guy gave it to us and we went for ice cream. I was nearly peeing my pants after thinking how crazy that driver must have thought we were.
Yeah- lots of fun in our house- quite entertaining. The best part was explaining to Squirt why her parents were following the man in the brown outfit all over town.
Have a good day!
Danielle
Pit Stop
14 years ago
1 comment:
Hilarious story! You need days like that every now and then. I HATE video games (I'm a teacher so that's part of the reason), but you almost convinced me to try it. I've been dying to try "Dance, Dance Revolution." Let me know if you try it out!
Post a Comment