What should I start with first? Ok, ok..the good- normal Prolactin levels should be below 30...I'm at a 26 after 3 weeks of being on my meds!!! Whooo hooooo!!! So, the Type A in me feels that this number should be lower but I should just accept that I am within the normal range again. I am convinced that my headaches were partially a result of an out of control Pituitary gland and it actually could be that one piece of the puzzle I have been looking for. Things are starting to return to normal including (pardon the TMI) my sex drive. Good Lord... I feel like a teenager again. It is all just such a blessing. I took myself off of my anti-depressants as well and even that has NOT left my family running for zee hills. I actually feel alive again. Yes, I have the occasional meltdown, loss of patience but I imagine it's what a normal person has to deal with. I have just been working with my own ability to self soothe rather than relying on the anti-depressants. Probably it's too sad to say that I actually cried while watching Disney's Camp Rock last week. Yeah- I admitted it.
Ok, the bad news is that my HMO denied my coverage for this cycle. Apparently, bad eggs doesn't "fall under the inadequate harvest regardless of age." I'm 34 for God's sake plus I live in MA where IVF coverage is one of the best in the country. I'm appealing and working with my RE to act as my advocate. I am slightly irritated though b/c my donor coordinator returned my call and left a voice mail acting like it was up to me to appeal..helloo? Ok, I'll appeal but I'm thinking I'm going to need someone to represent me...like someone clinical. Well, I'm just waiting for her to call me back. Hopefully tomorrow.
I think the ugly should be what my spellcheck just looked like. My goodness.
I'll report back with what she has to say tomorrow.
Danielle
Pit Stop
14 years ago
1 comment:
YAY! I'm SO SO glad that you're feeling better! I have to agree with you on the sex drive bit! LOL! It's great isn't it? :)
I'm so sorry to hear that your cycle isn't covered... I pray that you don't have too much of a battle. We have paid out of pocket because the military doesn't cover donor ivf & I don't have a job... It sucks, but eventually it all does work out the way it's supposed to.
Prayers...
Post a Comment