WARNING: Intense whining
All I have to say is that this medication is hell! I HATE it. I just feel sooo sluggish all the time. I have zero energy. The day after I take it my head really hurts and I just want to sleep, sleep, and sleep. I don’t feel like my perky, cheerful self any more. I feel like a quiet and withdrawn person. I take it twice a week (Sunday and Thursday.) When I woke up on Friday my head was a mess. I took some Aleve and still didn’t feel much better. Of course, we had company coming over and there was no way that I could take something and sleep all day. Funny thing though is that once everyone arrived my headache got better and it was great on Saturday and Sunday. Last night I took another dose and today I feel shitty again. DH has golf league tonight so it’s not like I can just go home and rest. Not to mention that Squirt is hitting some crazy age/phase which is almost unbearable. I’m this close to telling him he needs to skip the golf league tonight.
So, only 2 months more of taking this med and I’m hoping since the headaches are a little less intense that it’s just my body getting used to it.
On a different note, the recipient using my donor did not get pregnant. I spoke to the DE coordinator at my clinic and at the donor agency both who said that the recipient had serious uterine issues. The embryos were fantastic. That is good enough for us. We’ll be signing the contract this week to go with this donor.
I'm really just trying to get through the next 2 months without a lot of pain and without getting terribly depressed. I just can't live like this. Before this I could take my medication and my headache would be gone in an hour, now I'm almost down for the count.
I'm having b/w on Friday to recheck my Prolactin levels. I'm thinking of asking my RE if I can take a break from the Dosdinex until I at least start Lupron which won't be until August. We'll see what he says. I don't mean to sound like such a baby but it's just that this is so disruptive and I keep reminding myself why we are doing all of this. In the moment you don't think about it plus when I start with the Estrogen and get pregnant my head is ALWAYS at its best. The increased hormones totally help me out!
Ok, enough whining.
Danielle
Pit Stop
14 years ago
3 comments:
I don't blame you for whining. Sounds downright miserable. I think that is a great idea to ask your dr to wait until you start the lupron.
good news on the embryo quality! Not much longer before you officially start the lupron!
That sounds awful! It's crazy when meds that are supposed to make you "better" end up making you feel crappy instead. I hope you won't have to be on this much longer.
Whine girl whine! You have a right especially since you're suffering awful headaches... UGH! Fun times... Like you said to me, just remember why you're taking these meds... That's great about the quality of eggs! That's a relief! At least you know the recipient had issues. Can't wait to read more about your upcoming de cycle!
Prayers,
jojobee
Post a Comment