Saturday, August 30, 2008

Provera Day 5 and Clinic Extras

Ok, I mentioned in my last post that I would elaborate on something that happened while getting my blood drawn. The nurse, who was at least 5 months pregnant was working on another patient. She was looking up the patient's record and says, "Oh my God- you had such a big baby!!" The conversation then ensues all about this patient's previous pregnancy, birth, hospital of choice and everything else related to her child. I found this to be totally insensitive and rude on the nurse's part. I mean, she knows nothing about me and just assumed that I would not mind this conversation? Seriously, we are in a freaking fertility clinic and she has the nerve to talk about a very sensitive subject. It just kills me sometimes how people do not think before they even open their big, fat traps. I didn't say anything and probably should have. I'll be talking to my coordinator about it at least.
So, Provera Day 5 (last pill) and Lupron Day 3. I feel like shit. My boobs are killing me, my head pounding and it feels like my uterus is literally going to drop right put of me. It's funny how I have done five prior cycles with a similar protocol (prior to Day 1) and none of them really felt like this. Could it have been b/c I was younger? I mean 28 and 29 vs 34??? Has my body gotten that wrecked?
Let's just all say a prayer that AF shows up before 9/5 shall we??? My Type A personality is just coming out more and more. Hey, I try to control as much as I can considering the results of this cycle are already way out of my control.
On another note. The adoption agency got our letter and of all things offered us counseling...oh that and reminding us we still had a balance from out failed adoption. You know what I say to that? Fuck You! Counseling? How about screw the counseling and do your job?? Ugh, I can't stand being patronized by people. I feel so angry with them and we really can't pull out any big guns until they either agree to give us some money back or at least make a donation in our name to charity. This way we can write it off. Whenever DH tells me they wrote him or brings it up I just get a knot in my stomach and the anxiety piles on. I told him not to even tell me anything. I can't be in a bad mental state right now with this cycle. Let me tell you though- when this is all said and done they will hear from me and hear from me good. What a racket!
Ok, so out to dinner with the in laws for their anniversary. Not looking forward to it at all since my head is still killing me and I feel like Orka.
Thanks for listening!
Danielle

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry your head is pounding so bad. I had migraines too when I was on lupron! I'm glad that your cycle's is on it's way though! EXCITING! I'm praying af vibes for you this week! I know she'll come! Mine always came a little later when on lupron! Oh well... Can't wait to hear more! Very very very soon! YAY!

Have fun tonight if you can. Wish I could wave my wand and make both of us feel better!

Hugs,
Jojobee

Kami said...

I'm glad you are going to tell someone how thoughtless that nurse was. I have thought that fertility clinics shouldn't hire women of child bearing age or not let them work with the public, but I suppose that wouldn't be practical.

Kate said...

Sorry you're feeling so crappy! I didn't really have any side effects from any drugs, but like you said, maybe it's an age thing, me being only 28. In answer to your question on my blog, I am a member of MVED (Mother's Via Egg Donation), it's a yahoo group and I get their posts everyday. It's just people who write questions or offer support or vent. Anyway, I refused to read anything that was bad news (m/c, etc.) because it just totally freaked me out even more (and trust me, I don't need anything more to worry about than what I invent in my head). It seemed to help keep some negative thoughts at bay, and I am a negative person to begin with! Your story reminded me of a visit at my first fertility clinic, where a couple brought in their new baby to show off to their doctor. It took everything in me not to break down in the waiting room. It really hurt, so I know your feelings.