Well denied again.
Blue Cross says no to my appeal. I’m appealing again but don’t know where it’s going to get me. Apparently, if you are 34 and have rotten eggs you aren’t covered. So, I am down but not out. It doesn’t change our plans at all. We’ll still be moving forward with this cycle it will just be out of pocket. My donor agency is going to donate all the donor meds except the trigger to us. This is going to save a ton of money!! God Bless this woman! Also, DH has written a letter to the adoption agency telling them to put out profile on hold until the end of 2008 so we can reassess. If we were picked now by a birthmother now we could never afford to do both so we’re going to give DE a try and hope this works to complete our family.
I was totally blown away last night by Squirt. She says to me, “Mom, when is my baby sister coming?” OMG. It felt like a huge punch in the gut. I really am OK with the three of us but didn’t think she wasn’t. I said back to her that we were trying but it will probably be a very long time to which she responded, “OK” and that was it.
More than ever I want this cycle to work; for me, for her, for DH. Please God let this work. I see soooo many successes out there and think how could it not work? Then the pessimism creeps in and I’m reminded of all the times I have said this to myself. I also said that adoption was 100% too and here we are 2 years later and our profile being shown 29 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 29 and nothing…oh sorry we had two birthmothers take off. Ugh- whatever. I can’t deal with it today. These days it’s one thing at a time.
Pit Stop
14 years ago
3 comments:
I'm SO sorry you're dealing with this. The good news is that the clinic is donating meds! That's wonderful! DH and I had to pay for our cycle, but did get this 2nd covered by the donor coord & the clinic! There is a way and it'll happen! I feel that us IF families are SO determined, that we make it work, loans, visa's, whatever we have to do to get the 1st, 2nd or 3rd baby in our arms! I have faith that this too will work for you and I'm still rooting for the adopting (in the future if you so decide)! Many prayers, jojobee
Hang in there! It will work out the way it's supposed to and you've already been through so much! I'm thinking hopeful, positive thoughts for you!
Ugh. Those insurance companies are brutal. I'm sorry about your adoption losses, too. You would think after adopting once that birthparents would be eager to chose you. Can't they see how happy your dd is? I don't always understand but I pray this time the IVF DE works for you, making all the other waiting worth it. It's so tough to wait.
Can't wait for your cycle to begin.
Post a Comment