Well, Monday is a big day for me. At 9:30 I have my MRI and at 2:45 I have my hysteroscopy. So, it could end up being a really good day or a really bad day or an OK day. I'm hoping that there will be no tumor (even though the chances are that it's benign) and that my hysteroscopy goes well. I'm not even worried about if I have a little something on my pituitary gland because most of the time it's totally nothing. It's actually really common. I just know that I won't be able to handle both a bad hysteroscopy and a less than favorable MRI. Just give me one good thing. That's really all I ask.
I talked to my RE about the prolactin levels and my migraine meds and he was as sweet and compassionate as ever. I just love him. He wants to wait until the MRI before we do anything with meds. He said there is a medication out there that doesn't have as serious a contraindication as the Dosdinex but does basically the same thing. So, we'll just wait to see what the MRI says and he is doing repeat blood work on the 30th to check the levels again. I called my accupuncturist and will start seeing her to try and lower my prolactin that way and I started taking the herb Vitex that can naturally bring down Prolactin too. Maybe that will do the trick!
I also did some research that shows high prolactin and/or pituitary tumors can actually cause headaches. So maybe once I get on some meds it will get rid of my headaches!! I am just trying to think positive.
On another note, we told my MIL that we were doing DE. She's weird sometimes..I was explaining that one of the reasons I am doing this is b/c I still haven't filled the void of actually carrying a baby. She says, "Well, I know how much you love Squirt but it's so much different when you carry and deliver that baby yourself." It actually pissed me off a little bit. I don't think had I carried her for 9 months that my love and feelings for her would be different. I could not love her anymore than I do. How about the fact that I carried and delivered her over the three years it took me to "find" her. Three years of infertility and then moving on to adoption was my labor. People are soooo stupid sometimes!
I guess I constantly look for this acceptance from my MIL and I should realize I'm never going to get it. It shouldn't matter I suppose. I guess when you feel like you're not a worthy partner for her son b/c your body is broken you just look for that acceptance. Well, at least I do.
Anywho, it's supposed to rain this w/e and we have no plans. We need to mulch the front and back yard. Sounds exciting huh????
Pit Stop
14 years ago
1 comment:
I will be watching for news tomorrow. Hoping with you for good news. Also, totally understand the MIL thing. I got in a huge argument once where she insisted that a large number of people adopt and then just "get pregnant" suddenly because their stress goes down. It made my blood boil at her ignorance. She wouldn't admit she was wrong. Anyhow, In laws are supposed to drive us a little batty, I suppose. Hugs!
Post a Comment