I patiently wait for Day 1. Today I feel like my uterus is trying to kill me and my lower back pain is awful. Poor me right? This will actually be the first 30 day cycle I have had in months so I really shouldn't complain.Go figure. I am actually starting to feel like the Universe may be trying to give me some good news.
So on Day 1 (once it gets here) I call the Center and schedule a hysteroscopy, a semen anal. for DH and my Day 3 bloodwork. In the meantime I apparently have to schedule counseling for DH and me and the rest of the DE bloodwork. I'm wondering if I can just do all of that along with my Day 3 draw? I'll ask.
I am a little nervous about my hysteroscopy in the hopes that they don't find anything wrong. I probably shouldn't even put the thought out there. I'm sure it will all be fine. Several years ago they found the tiniest septum that my RE removed and he told me that there shouldn't be any issue with it. I imagine it's still gone and there isn't any scar tissue. If there is, they'll fix it right? I'm not even going to think that way though. You know, beore all this fertility bullshit I was a positive person..hoping for the best. Ugh, look at me now!!! I suppose I should actually finish reading The Secret at some point. It may help.
We have chosen our donor. Her first cycle ended up with 18 eggs and a positive twin pregnancy. She is undergoing her second cycle right now and we just want to see how she does before we "seal the deal" so to speak. We think it's a good choice though. I wasn't really all that concerned about looks considering we have adopted and it's really a crap shoot what your kid looks like with adoption. The one thing I really paid attention to was height. DH is 5'8 and I'm 5"1 )on a good day.) I didn't want our child to be this realy tall person with small parents. Funny that it was my main requirement. Anyhow, she is 26 and really cute. In actuality she looks most like me except for the blue/green eyes. Squirt has these giant blueberry eyes and both DH and I have brown eyes so really, another child with blue eyes wouldn't be that crazy. She will start this next cycle with her May 29 period and I should know how it went by middle of June. The Center makes her sit out 2 cycles after a donation so that puts me in at July right? She'll get a June period and a July period and then we start? Apparently the couple she is cycling with has had a lot of uterine issues in the past and I really need to take egg and embryo quality into consideration if the second cycle ends up with a negative. I am just really excited and I keep saying to myself over and over again, "My uterus is good- it's just my eggs. I replace my bad eggs with good eggs and it has to work." I did some research on how poor quality eggs happen and I still haven't found an answer I can sit with. It's just so devastating.
Pit Stop
14 years ago
2 comments:
I'm right there with you on being content on research's explanation for bum eggs- especially if you've been tested for every possible reason like I have. That's the sucky thing about it~ it's just so uncommon they don't know that much about it! Ughh!
oops- I meant "not content"
Post a Comment