As the three of us were sitting on the floor tonight playing CandyLand I had a very honest thought: I would be totally OK with a family of three. Ugh-I almost wrote that I would be OK with just the three of us. That is tragic that I would even think of using the word just. It's not just the three of us. After everything that we have been through how could I say something like that? Believe me, I have not forgotten what it took us to get to this place. I read so many blogs and message boards where women are struggling for their just one and I remember how terrible of a place it is. I remember it every time a birth mother looks at our profile and chooses another family. It's helpless and you have completely no control. Anyhow, I digress.
The older Squirt gets the more having an only child becomes an easier adjustment. Of course, I should mention that earlier I was day dreaming about me actually being pregnant and how amazing that would be. I'm not quite ready to give up on that dream. Truth is, I love being a parent. I just love it. If fertility wasn't a question I think Handsome and I would have at least four children. It's the hardest yet most rewarding job ever. My point is that if DE doesn't work we're done. I'm going to tell the adoption agency to go f*%k themselves and we'll close the door knowing we did everything we possibly could. Then we'll be three and we'll be happy being three but not until we've exhausted all our efforts.
Pit Stop
14 years ago
4 comments:
I wish you great luck in July! I'll be cycling with a donor egg in June. There's an article about single children in newsweek this week by Kathleen De.veny: http://www.newsweek.com/id/138538
I found it interesting.
Just saw your post on another blog! I'll be following your story as I begin my own! I wish you all the luck! You deserve it!
Welcome back to blogland! I'm gearing up to do a donor cycle either in late summer/early fall.
I'm just stopping by to say Hi and to add you to my google reader. I try to follow the DE blogs. I am close to the birth of our second child, but we hope this one will live and this one is through DE.
Good luck on your journey.
Post a Comment